This Keto VANILLEKIPFERL Crescent Recipe is a melt-in-your-mouth delicious and a healthier re-creation of the traditional Almond Crescents or Vanillekipferl. Keto VANILLEKIPFERL is a perfect recipe for holiday season. Vanillekipferl is a traditional recipe for Christmas cookie in Austria and also quite common throughout Europe.
- 100g Almond Flour
- 4 teaspoon Coconut Flour
- 60g Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled)
- 25g Erythritol
- 5 drops Liquid Sweetener (or increase erythritol 1 tablespoon, try for sweetness)
- 1 small Egg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1-2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract Flavoring
- Preheat oven 320° F. Whisk butter and erythritol until creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and liquid sweetener and whisk.
- Now add sieve coconut flour, baking powder, salt and Xanthan gum to mixture and whisk.
- Add the almond flour, mix with a fork until well combined, form into a dough with your hands.
- Roll into a large sausage shape and divide/cut into approximately 20 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a little sausage, rolling thinner at each end.
- Form into a quarter moon shape (see photo).
- Bake in the oven on a lined baking sheet until lightly browned at the edges (for approximately 15 minutes).
- Sieve granulated/powdered erythritol onto the Vanillekipferl whilst still warm.