Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake is very easy to make. It is a perfect recipe for keto and non-keto lovers, gatherings, and a sweet treat to enjoy this season.
- 6 tablespoon butter (softened room temp)
- 1/2 Cup of Swerve
- 1 egg
- 3/4 Cup of Pumpkin (about 8 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Mapleine (Maple flavor extract, optional)
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Allspice (yes, I’m aware it’s redundant, for some reason I only have whole cloves.)
Frosting + Topping:
- 3/4 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 4-6 tablespoon Swerve Confectioners or Powdered Erythritol (to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 Cup Pecans (Chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Butter or parchment paper a cake pan too! I use a 9 inch round.
- Let eggs and butter come to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients until combined and not lumpy.
- Add butter and sugar to a stand or hand mixer bowl (not with your dry!), beat until creamed.
- Add egg to wet mix, mix until combined.
- Add pumpkin and extracts to wet mix, mix until combined.
- While mixing, slowly add in your dry mix until combined. Batter will be thicker than usual cake mix, not quite a liquid.
- Place into pre-prepped cake pan and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes! Timing may vary, top will be golden brown and edges will pull away from pan.
For the frosting:
- In a food processor, add in cream cheese, powdered sugar and ricotta cheese. I add in the powdered sugar in stages and taste, but I like mine a little less sweet than most frostings. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the Xanthan gum, pulse until thickened to frosting consistency.
- When cake is cooled, frost and top with chopped pecans!
- Fat: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Protein: 9g