Keto Fried Tofu With Three-Flavored Marinades is simple, easy and quick recipe. It can prepare with three bold and flavorful marinade variations
- Soy and Sesame
- Garlic and Chilies
It can be prepared in only 20 minutes and serve as an appetizer.
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 fresh soft tofu blocks
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 green onion stalks-julienne
- 2 cilantro stalks-chop
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 long yellow or red chili, such as cayenne or serrano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan Mala Seasoning Powder
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet for 1-2 minutes, stir until they become fragrant and begin to turn golden. Set aside.
- Drain tofu package of excess water and remove from packaging with care and caution. Pat the tofu dry gently to remove excess water.
- Heat a large pan with 2 Tablespoon canola oil over medium heat. When the pan is hot, gently add the tofu block into the pan. Fry each side for 2 minutes, or until the tofu is lightly golden.
- Dish tofu onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Cut into bite sized cubes.
- Rub 2 Tablespoon soy sauce and sprinkle white pepper all around the tofu pieces.
Divide tofu quantity into three portions. Set aside.
For the first tofu portion: Soy and Sesame Marinade
In the mixing bowl, add roasted sesame, 1 tsp sesame oil and a pinch of salt and white pepper. Add tofu in the mixer, gently toss to be coated evenly. Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with green onion.
For the second tofu portion: Mala Marinade
In the mixing bowl, add Sichuan mala seasoning powder and a pinch of white pepper. Add tofu in the mixer, gently toss to be coated evenly. Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with green onion.
For the third tofu portion: Garlic and Chilies Marinade
In a skillet, add 1 tsp sesame oil over medium heat. Sauté the salt, garlic and chili until they are all nice, soft and fragrant. Turn off the heat. Add tofu in the skillet, add black pepper and gently toss to be coated evenly. Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with roasted sesame.
7. Serve immediately