Keto Cordon Bleu can also be prepared in the oven. Preheat it to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and prepare Cordon Bleu as indicated in the recipe. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 oz. cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. Gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Accent salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and pound to obtain about ½ inch thick fillet.
- Top each chicken breast with one slice of ham and one slice of gruyere cheese.
- Roll the chicken and wrap each roll tightly with a cling film.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Place almond flour in one soup plate and beaten eggs in another.
- Pass each chicken roll in beaten eggs, then coat them evenly with almond flour.
- Heat peanut oil in a high-sided skillet.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per side until they become golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you like crunchy texture, you can combine almond flour with coarsely chopped walnuts or other types of nuts.
Add more seasoning if desired. You can combine many different spices like a pinch of nutmeg or cumin. Do not overdo with spices, as they could cover the taste of ham and cheese.
Serve with a side dish like garlic butter mushrooms, homemade keto-friendly dip, lettuce wraps with avocado and tomatoes, or oven-roasted Brussel sprouts.
Keto diet dipping sauce ideas: Stevia-mustard sauce, keto-friendly Greek yogurt and dill sauce, low carb pink sauce with mayonnaise, spices, and sugar-free ketchup.
You can replace Gruyere cheese with Cheddar, Emmental, Edam, or Gouda cheese slices.