Pizza is the most consumed foods in westernized countries, mostly in the United States. Pizza is the fifth most available source of calories for all Americans ages two and up, averaging about 98 calories per day for the American diet.
Unfortunately, these results aren’t surprising when you consider how pizza can satisfy almost any craving and stimulate every aspect of your taste buds.
With its salty taste, starchy dough, cheese, a little sweetness of the sauce and toppings you like, it’s hard not to fall in love with pizza. The only problem is that pizza is so high in carbohydrates and calories that it is one of the most obesogenic foods you can eat. This means that pizza triggers many of the mechanisms that make you fat.
However, if you want to lose weight drastically, you don’t have to give up on pizza completely. Pizza can be eaten as part of a healthy diet; You can also eat it while trying to go into ketosis. All you need is a keto or low carb dough and voila. With these keto pizzas, you will never feel the need to eat traditional pizza again.
- Two large eggs
- Two tablespoons cottage cheese (can be substituted with sour cream)
- Two tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded or skimmed mozzarella
HOW MANY CARBOHYDRATES IN THIS KETO PIZZA?
There are four net carbs in each serving of this crust.
LOW CARB TOPPINGS IDEAS:
Consider the ingredients! Since we are making a low carb pizza crust, you’ll want to keep the toppings low carb as well. Here are some fun ideas to turn things around!
Buffalo Chicken – Grilled minced chicken, crumbled blue cheese, red onion, buffalo sauce.
Chicken Alfredo: Alfredo sauce, minced chicken, Parmesan, fresh herbs
Meat lovers: chorizo, peppers, slices of ham
Veggie Lovers: zucchini, tomato, bell pepper, mushrooms
Margherita: mozzarella, tomato, basil
- Preheat the oven or deep fryer to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the eggs, cottage cheese, and butter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture content to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. The mixture will be wet.
- Add the cheddar cheese.
- Roll out the dough on the two sheets of parchment paper of the desired size, thickness and shape. The dough will be very moist. You will need to remove the top parchment sheet and bake it on the lower baking sheet on a baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until crisp to the desired level. The longer you cook it, the flakier it becomes!
- Remove from the oven and load the pizza as you like with all your favourite sauces, cheeses and toppings.
- Bake, the pizza for another 5-8 minutes or until the cheese, has melted.
Additional tips for making this Keto pizza dough:
- Use partially skimmed mozzarella. If you use fresh mozzarella, heating it will have too much liquid and the dough will not come together.
- If the dough is sticky to knead, put a little oil on your hands while you knead it.
- You can substitute the almond flour with coconut flour in this recipe.
- Knead the dough with a planetary mixer, a food processor or with your hands. I think hands are the most straightforward method; you can squeeze and knead the dough.
Calories 387 kcal (19%)
Carbohydrates 4g (2%)
Protein 25 g (50%)
Fat 30 g (46%)
Saturated fat 12 g (60%)
Cholesterol 146 mg (49%)
Sodium 760 mg (32%)
Potassium 117 mg (3%)
Fiber 2g (8%)
Vitamin A 607IU (12%)
Calcium 528 mg (53%)
Iron 1 mg (6%)
Health Benefits OF KETO PIZZA
If you’re on a ketogenic diet for losing weight, you can still eat pizza!
This keto pizza has a crispy, low carb crust.
The pizza is topped with protein-rich foods: ham and mushrooms.
This keto pizza has a thin, crispy, low carb crust. This process uses almond flour, mozzarella, and cream cheese, a perfect combination of low-carb and high-fat foods. The pizza is topped with high-protein foods, ham, and mushrooms. And it’s complemented by a little basil leaves that even out the pizza’s nutritional quotient.